It is the festive season in Western Australia. The summer days are long and warm, and holidays including Christmas, New Year’s Day and Valentines are all in the line-up. It’s no wonder so many couples in WA become engaged around this time of year.
Nothing is quite as exciting for a couple as preparing to get married. However, to say that planning for a wedding is hard work would be an understatement. There is so much that has to be accomplished in the weeks and months leading up to a wedding. In fact, it’s easy to lose track of what you need to do next.
The Esplanade Hotel is one of the top Perth wedding venues, and our team have helped countless couples plan the perfect ceremony and reception in Fremantle – one of WA’s most sought-after wedding destinations. Over the years, we’ve been involved in virtually every aspect of wedding planning, and we’re decidedly qualified to help you keep track of everything that needs to be done – from planning the guest list to staging the photo shoot and more.
Here’s Our Recommended Wedding-Planning Timeline
With that in mind, we’ve put together a basic wedding-planning timeline for your reference. These are the main considerations that need to be taken into account – in the order that we recommend considering them:
- Start with the Guest List: This is the first thing that we advise couples to do once they’ve decided to tie the knot. When you know approximately how many people you would like to attend, you can start budgeting and looking at potential venues.
- Find a Venue: Now that you know how many guests will be attending and what your approximate budget is, you can start looking at potential venues. You won’t find a better wedding venue in Fremantle than the Esplanade Hotel, and our affordable wedding packages mean that just about any budget can be accommodated.
- Start Shopping for Dresses: We feel that the dress should match the venue, which is why we recommend saving dress shopping until after you know where the ceremony will be held. The Esplanade’s historic charm makes for outstanding photo opportunities. That makes this step even more enjoyable.
- Line up Your Wedding Day Beauticians and Other Service Providers.
On the actual day of the wedding, you’ll want your makeup artists and stylists to be as accessible as possible. The Esplanade’s location in Fremantle means that you’re within easy reach of a range of top beauty spas.
- Plan Your Accommodation: You’re going to be exhausted when your special day finally arrives. That’s why it makes sense to plan your wedding at a location where you can check in a day or two early, get a little bit of rest and cut out the need to drive back and forth.
There’s obviously much more to planning a wedding than this. But if you choose one of the Esplanade Hotel’s affordable wedding packages, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that we’ll take care of most of the details on your behalf.
To find out more, view the wedding packages here on our website, and feel free to contact us if you would like help designing a beautiful wedding to suit your budget.